Monday, July 18, 2016

Music Monday | Cherish DeGraaf

There's always a bright future ahead for young creative minds, and Cherish DeGraaf is taking full advantage of her natural talent with music. She's equipped with a genuine and pure voice that dances along perfectly to her acoustic sound. She's already had noteable success since she's released her first EP album this May. She's been selling a lot of her music along with uploading it to iTunes and Spotify to really reach a bigger audience. We decided to meet up with her and talk about her experiences thus far...


TDIP: So, tell me about yourself! Where'd you grow up and how'd you get into music?

Cherish DeGraaf: My name is Cherish, I'm 18-years-old, I grew up in Pleasant Grove and I recently graduated high school this past May! I've been playing music all of my life really, but I've bee playing a lot more publicly for the past 4 years now. 

TDIP: What do you like to play?

CD: I play guitar, ukulele and a little bit of piano.

TDIP: So, tell me about your music. What do you like to write about? What inspires you?

CD: A couple of artists that I get my inspiration from would be the Moth & The Flame, some of their slower stuff I really like. I also love the way they write. Quiet House is another really great band. I like to write about certain experiences that I've had. Relationships is one of the big ones, but I also really enjoy writing about finding myself. That's what my song 'Find' on my EP is all about really, the higher power to connect to. 


(source)

TDIP: We saw that, congrats on your album release! Tell us about that process, what was it like? 

CD: Thank you! My very first EP was released at the end of May and that was probably my first big
step into the music industry. It was crazy but a lot of fun. I had a team with me that helped me with more of the business side of it. They found a website that distributes music and we got it up there. It was actually kind of easier than I thought.

TDIP: You've been really busy then. How much have you written?

CD: I've written maybe 15 or 16 songs,  but most of them are just weird experimental. This first EP has the kind of better quality songs I've written. I'm hoping to release a second EP this September or October!

TDIP: Sounds like things are going well. So, what's next for you? Taking the college route or pursuing your music?

CD: I'm actually taking the commercial music major at UVU! So, it's kind of both! It'll be the more studio production side of music and I'm really excited to start. 



Discover more about Cherish! Check out her social media!


Listen to her music and debut EP!


(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment